The top-ranked Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) accounting program provides students with a broad overall education, solid grounding in the common body of knowledge of business administration, and exposure to accounting in sufficient depth to help them achieve entry-level competence for pursuit of a career in public accounting, government or industry.
Accounting coursework equips students with the knowledge to:
- Prepare and examine financial records
- Understand financial analysis techniques
- Acquire a profound knowledge of business transactions
- Present financial statements to assist in decision making
- Ensure that financial statements comply with laws/regulations
- Prepare tax returns
Undergraduates currently enrolled at The University of Texas at Austin who wish to change to a business major need to apply for an internal transfer. McCombs School of Business accepts students for the fall semester only.
Students are encouraged to attend an internal transfer information session and check their eligibility to apply through the McCombs Internal Transfer website.
Find out more about the internal transfer process, including the procedures, requirements to apply, historical summary of acceptance, and additional opportunities.